Sunday, January 19, 2014

Hash Out 'Bout Government and Anarchy

Last Tuesday, The Admiral engaged a minarchist in moderated debate. Predictably, neither one of us convinced the other. I chose to appear as an outed anarchist in order to promote a positive view of anarchism and dis-associate it from disorderly conduct and destruction. I attempted to show that my opponent too quickly resorts to force as if no other possibilities are open.

I unfortunately discovered that both my audience and my opponent have a large degree of skepticism surrounding the whole concept competing defense agencies. I can only surmise that their dismissal derives from a lack of addressing this topic in government schools, an unfamiliarity with the possibility, despite it's similarity to privately arbitrated international trade.

At any rate, I now give you my plea for an ordered world without rulers.


Many thanks to Hash Out Bout for providing the moderation, scheduling, and recording. They've just started up and are on the look for more debate participants. If you feel passionate about a topic be sure to visit their site and leave a message about your eagerness to spread the word.

I had enough fun doing this debate that I'd be willing to do more. Consequently, I welcome any comments providing feedback about my performance, tips and tricks about debate practice, and other information I can use for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment