Sunday, June 23, 2013

Welcome to the High Seas of Anarchism

This past week I had a neat idea: I should start a blog about the woefully misunderstood topic of orderly anarchism. Most individuals on the street, educated in a statist indoctrination camps for 20 years, immediately associate anarchism with disorderly, destructive behavior, calamity and catastrophe. I'll be using this blog to fight against that message, demonstrating through arguments from great and esteemed thinkers like Rothbard and David Friedman, that we have a body of organized principles that can guide a restructuring of society. I intend for this blog to provide a voice and gathering for anarchists, so that we can encourage each other in the long battle against statism.

I should mention, and give a hat-tip to some inspiration for this outlet. One of my college friends and I've been mutually enjoying the message of minimalism, individualism, and independence promoted by Captain Capitalism. I must confess that I am (no suprise here) an Anarcho-Capitalist. That is, I believe anarchism to be the best structuring of social relations and capitalism to be the best structuring of economic relations. So, as Admiral, I'm hosting a platform for the other, more social half, of this political framework.

Through discussion of this platform, my friend and I morphed, via a chaotic process of free association, the admiral's name from Anarchism to Anarchbar. The end result being a memetic strategy: I can co-opt a popular Star Wars image and modify the catchphrase to "It's a TAX!". For the Admiral follows the non-aggression principle and is against all forms of coercive behavior, especially that one which funds the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment